When Life knocks you down, don’t just fall, Bounce!
You see, everyone makes mistakes and some mistakes can be really consequential.
Sometimes, we find ourselves in situations where we just can’t figure out how to move on in life.
Maybe a loved one died… or you lost a huge some of money in an investment… or you failed in business… or you failed a very important examination in school… or a relationship didn’t work out. And it’s kinda like being knocked down REAL HARD.
Get over it.
They say you can’t put a broken egg back together… it’s true (what has happened has happened). But it’s also true that you can make omelette with it (Fry it baby 😉 and enjoy the meal). It’s the lessons you take out of the experience that matters more.
It doesn’t matter how FAR DOWN you fall, what matters most is how HIGH UP you BOUNCE.
But what does it really take to Bounce back? I’ll talk about just two.
FLEXIBILITY. Don’t be rigid my friend. Rigid stuffs crack or break when they receive a hit. It takes flexibility to bounce. Be flexible in your approaches to life issues (while being focused on your objectives) and learn to explore alternative methods as long as they don’t violate your values. Be flexible.
BE PUMPED UP! Yeah, you really can’t bounce if you are deflated, even if you’re flexible. You have to be filled up inside. – pumped up!
This is really the essence of motivation (to pump you up) but like we all know, motivation doesn’t really last. So you need it regularly and often.
Be pumped in HOPE – Hope in a better tomorrow.
Be pumped up in FAITH – Faith in God who can never fail.
Be pumped up in WISDOM – Wisdom for directions and guidance.
… and stay ‘bounceable’.
I’m Peter Akhere
Your creative inspirational friend.
Let the World hear the song of your heart.
Let the Flower of your soul blossom.
Give expression to music and melodies of your spirit.
For out of your belly shall flow Rivers of Living Waters.
And let nothing convince you otherwise.
So I have been doing some serious introspection lately. And Recently, I have had to relearn some of the lessons I’ve known for a while.
It’s not enough to be busy. It’s more important to be PRODUCTIVE.
It’s not enough to be getting things done. It’s more important to get the RIGHT THINGS done.
I noticed I had somehow gotten myself encumbered with lots of activities. Mostly activities that had to do with other people’s business and work to the detriment of mine.
I had gotten so busy doing different things for different people that I barely had time to pursue my goals. This discovery was a personal ‘Call to Action’ for me…
IT’S TIMES TO UNCLUTTER YOUR LIFE.
There is a biblical fable of a man that was given a task by his commanding officer. His task was to keep watch over a prisoner of war. But somehow he got distracted with other activities and the prisoner escaped. His report to the king included words like…
“while your servant was busy here and there, he was gone.” And the king’s judgement to him was not a pleasant one.
Sometimes, you have to learn to deliberately say NO to many people and many things in order to be able to say YES to your dreams.
Many times, the reason we find it hard to stay true to our resolutions and plans for a better life is that we have too many (unnecessary) things taking our emotional energy.
If you find yourself in this situation, it’s time to unclutter.
It’s time to disengage from certain (less important) tasks and responsibilities.
This does not mean you should become selfish and only care about yourself. But to remind you that your your assignment in life (your purpose) should take precedence.
It’s time to #FOCUS on your assignment and pursue your DREAMS.
PS: How has your week been and what have you learned from this post? Please share with me in the comments section.
“Greater is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof…”
It is often said that it is not how you begin that matters most, but how you end. It is good and very important to start well but perhaps more important is to end well.
As we look toward the end of this year and make plans for the beginning of the coming year, I want to urge you to do something. Just one thing.
I believe that you have taken stock of how the year have been (if you haven’t, please do that without any further delays) and you have counted your wins and your ‘lessons’ (no losses). However, there is still room for greater victories even in these final days.
I want you to look back at the whole year and pick out just ONE GOAL that you can still accomplish before the 31st night. It doesn’t have to be a big and mighty goal (if there is any such thing). It should just be a goal that will add an extra ‘feather’ to your hat in 2017.
It could be that book that you have always wanted to read, that old friend that you know you should reconcile with, or that hanging project that you can still quickly conclude within the next few days.
By all means legitimately possible, JUST DO IT!
It will give you such positive energy to kick start the new year and you’d be glad you did.
For me, there’s this one goal I’ll be ticking off my checklist this week. So keep your fingers crossed and #Anticipate.
YOUR TRUE IDENTITY. – A spiritual perspective.
Since the beginning of this series, I have tried to establish the fact that our identity is not so much of what we have or have accomplished. But much more of where we’re from and the essence of our being. What we have or have accomplished comprise mostly of WHAT we are. But WHO we are is a function of our source, heritage and purpose.
So who are you (or am I) really? Let’s look at it from a spiritual perspective.
Man is not a ‘Physical’ being with a ‘Spiritual’ experience. Man is a Spiritual being with a Physical experience. We are first SPIRITS before we are humans. Hence our true identity is a spiritual one.
If you are in Christ Jesus – Born Again; then your identity is in Christ. (If not, I hope this post leads you to Christ.)
There are five (5) key aspects of your identity in Christ which you must know and always remember.
1. We are sons (and daughters) of the Living God. (John. 1:12)(1 Pet. 2:9)
You have your source in God, so your origin is Divine and hence your very essence.
2. Created in His Image and after His Likeness. (Gen.1:26)
You were designed with a form and functionality of divinity and that is why you too are a god. So your potentials are limitless. You are divine.
3. Made kings and a Priests unto God (Rev. 5:10)
You are royalty by heritage and priestly by imputed authority. So you can Decree as a king and Declare as a priest and Heaven will back it up. You are royalty.
4. With a mandate to reign and rule on earth. (Rev. 5:10)
The earth is your domain and all the elements of it are under your command. You are not subject to it but rather, it is subjected to you. The earth is your sphere of influence.
5. As ambassadors of the Heavenly Kingdom. (2 Cori. 5:20)
And we do all we do to ‘Re-Present’ God’s Kingdom. We are first and foremost Citizens of Heaven (God’s Kingdom), so we demonstrate our allegiance to that Kingdom.
However, to activate this identity in our everyday lives and see the manifestations of it, first you must get to know who you are in Christ. – knowledge is the key.
And if you are not yet born again, I invite you to make Jesus the Lord of your life. – Jesus is the Way. Then very importantly, you must THINK, SPEAK and ACT in the light of who you are.
What you think and say is what determines your reality. And how you act communicates that reality. Activate and Manifest your Identity.
God bless you.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR UNIQUENESS – A physical and scientific point of view.
When I was a child, I was told that everybody had a duplicate somewhere else in the world. I was made to believe that God created us all in pairs and sometimes would put those pairs in the same womb to be born by the same woman, and that was the reason for occasional identical twins. (The theory could not explain that of identical triplets though…)
So as a child, I would often try to imagine where my other duplicate could possibly be in the world. What kind of family did he have? Were they rich or poor? Would we ever meet someday? And what would that kind of meeting be like? perhaps we could become best of friends when we finally meet.
But I was wrong to have believed that lie. Nobody is a duplicate of another, not even identical twins. We are all unique and original individuals. And this is a fact that is not only of spiritual and psychological basis, but also of physical and scientific basis.
There are about three major scientific identifiers that literally sets you apart from every other person on the surface of the earth.
1. Your DNA: without getting overly technical, your DNA can simply be referred to as your ‘biological signature’. It is a special encoding in your genes that is not replicated in anyone else. However, it usually has a similar pattern with that of your parents and ancestors. (That is why it is often used to determine proof of parenthood). This further goes to buttress the point that was made in the introduction, that your identity is linked to your Origin, life source and heritage. (Not your circumstances)
You have a unique DNA and that makes you unique.
2. Your Iris: This is a membrane in your eyes that helps to control the amount of light that enters your eyes and reaches the retina. It basically determines ‘how’ you see. But the function of this membrane (Iris) is not the focus here, but its uniqueness. It has been discovered that every individual has a distinct set of iris and it has even become commonly used as an access ‘code’ in high security facilities. No one, no matter how closely related to you has your exact iris.
This can analogously be used to represent your individual life perspective and vision. You have a unique visual perception. Nobody truly sees the world the way you do. Your Vision and life perspective is uniquely yours – And that makes you special.
3. Your Fingerprints: This is perhaps the most common scientific identifier which can even be observed with our physical eyes. No one else in the world has your exact fingerprints. It Is unique to you. Now, your hands and fingers can be said to be your first and natural ‘tools of work’. We were born with hands and fingers with unique prints. That let’s us know that everyone has a unique ‘tool patrern’ for his/her specific life assignment.
Nobody can do things exactly the same way you can. They may look alike, but they can’t be the same. Your fingerprints are unique. And that makes you unique too.
With these three basic identifiers, even scientists agree that you are unique. – Very Unique.
In my next post on this series, I’ll be talking about our spiritual identity in God.
God bless you.
The Importance of Knowing.
It is said, that “Ignorance is bliss”. But how ‘blissful’ is that bliss?
That’s a question we never can answer. Indeed, ignorance is a tragedy.
There are many things you can afford not to know about in life and be safe but your personal identity is certainly not one of them. When you do not know who you are, you stand the risk of believing that you are who you are not (I hope you got that.). When you do not know who you are, just about anyone can lead you astray. So why should you know?
Among other reasons are…
• Understanding your Uniqueness: when you come to know who you really are, with all of its facets, one of the fist things that become clear to you is that you are #Unique.
Your personal identity sets you apart from the crowd and gives you a sense of ‘specialness’. You are UNIQUE.
• Acknowledging your Authority: In Christian Jesus, we have authority. An authority that sets us above both physical and spiritual limitations, obstacles and even enemies. Even in the natural world, we have authority over the elements of this world. Understanding your identity AWAKENS you to the consciousness of this authority.
• Living with a Sense of Mission: When you know who you are, you also come to realise where you belong and where your life should be headed. And when you become INTENTIONAL enough to follow that path, you begin to live each day with a sense of Purpose and a sense of Mission. This means that your life is not just another jolly ride but one with a clear and definite destination (Goal).
These and many more reasons are why it is very vital to know, understand and live with a consciousness of who you truly are. – your Identity.
To be continued…